When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- The Perfect LinkedIn Profile According to Harvard Career Experts – If you want to have a successful career, maintaining an online presence on LinkedIn is critical. It is an effective way to network with others in your field and can also get you noticed by others. Here are some tips for putting your best foot forward.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- How to Turn a Toxic Conflict into a Good One – We all occasionally get locked in heated arguments where our blood pressure is rising, and we are formulating our next attack rather than really listening. This piece explains why we get stuck in these “high conflict” situations and how to get out of them.
- Five Scripts to Build Resilience in Kids – During these tough times, it’s hard to be a parent and incredibly hard to be a kid. For kids who are struggling to make sense of the world right now, here are 5 scripts to help them build resilience.
- The Budgeting Apps, Books, and Podcasts to Help You Pave the Way to a Financially Healthier Year – Given the instability of the past year, many people are rethinking how they budget and save their money. An accredited financial counselor shares a number of books, podcasts, and apps to help you stick with your financial plans.
- Quick Tips on Taming Sugar Cravings – Sugar cravings are common and can often be explained by simple things like other foods in our diet and ingrained habits. Here are some tips on how to get off the sugar rollercoaster.
- How to Stop Being A People Pleaser and Learn to Say No – People pleasers crave approval and validation, so they will go to great lengths to keep others happy – even at the expense of their own wellbeing. Here are some tips on setting boundaries and honoring your own needs.
- What is Toxic Positivity? – We all know that having a positive outlook on life is good for your mental well-being. The problem is that life isn't always positive. We all deal with painful emotions and experiences. This piece discusses why toxic positivity can be harmful and what you can do to develop a healthier, more supportive approach.
- Food Banks: What to Donate and What to Avoid – While food banks are appreciative of all donations, they do try to avoid certain items. Learn the best options to make a helpful donation.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Mental Health Awareness Month Toolkit – May is Mental Health Awareness Month. If this snuck up on you this year, Mind Share Partners has you covered with this free communications toolkit sponsored by Unmind. It includes templates, zoom backgrounds, social posts and more.
- Add Team Praise to Your Employee Recognition Toolkit – One of the most effective tools for accelerating performance is also one of the least used: praise. Gallup finds that only one in three workers in the U.S. and Germany strongly agree that they received recognition or praise in the past seven days for doing good work — and those who disagree are twice as likely to say they'll quit in the next year. Praise is that powerful.