I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Below please find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team.
A quick reminder, if you haven't listened to our on-demand wellbeing fair recordings, check out our dashboard here to tune in to a workshop that interests you!
- Relationships at Work with Esther Perel – Work relationships are complicated. Who holds the power and why? What are effective ways to solve conflict? And how do you know when it’s time to walk away? In this podcast episode of WorkLife, Adam Grant gets personal with therapist Esther Perel to explore the dynamics of trust, power, and people-pleasing.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- How to listen – really listen – to someone you don’t agree with – When you listen in a way that makes the other person feel heard, they are more likely to share information with you. And when you are actively listening, you are also more likely to take it in. In this TED blog, learn how to be a more effective listener.
- Maximize Your Joy Per Dollar Spent – Regardless of how much or how little money we have, we only get to use each dollar once. Every time we use a dollar, we miss out on the opportunity to use it somewhere else. That’s called opportunity cost. How can we leverage this to make the most of our spending?
- Virtual Turkey Trots – Now that Halloween is past, many of you may be thinking ahead to Thanksgiving. While traditional road races will likely be cancelled this year, there are many virtual options like this and this. Time to get training!
- Election Stress Getting to You? 4 Ways to Keep Calm – With Election Day just around the corner, many Americans are on edge. Nearly 70% of respondents said the elections are a significant source of stress, according to a survey out this month from the American Psychological Association. Here are some tips to manage this stress.
- GivingTuesday – GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. This year, GivingTuesday will be held on December 1st. Peruse this list of ideas and find a way you can give back this year.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Don’t Let Election Passions Roil Your Workplace – After election day, more than 100 million Americans will report to their jobs either virtually or physically. Those workplaces are likely to be the first outlet for pent-up emotions at a time of toxic political polarization. The Dialogue Project shares things you can do up to election day and post-election day in order to manage conflict.
- GivingTuesday for Your Organization – Each year, nonprofits, small businesses, corporations, schools, and faith-based organizations all over the world celebrate the global day of giving. In this link, you’ll find all the tools, resources + ideas your organization needs to participate in GivingTuesday on Dec 1, 2020.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.